Learn what it takes to become a successful Make-up Artist
Whether you’re looking to embark upon a new career in Makeup Artistry or improve and update your existing skills, our professional makeup courses at North Wales Nail & Beauty are designed to support you in reaching your goal. Study the art of makeup with high quality practical based training combined with fundamental underpinning knowledge. Feel empowered, develop your skills, and grow in confidence so that you have what it takes to stand out from the crowd.
- Realize your potential with high quality intensive training, to develop your skills, knowledge and confidence
- Be expertly guided through various makeup styles, products, tools and techniques
- Gain valuable business and marketing advice to help you kick start your career as a successful Makeup Artist
I can truly say that completing Rhiannon’s Professional Makeup Artist Course is the best thing I've done! I’ve since resigned from my job in admin and set up my own make-up artist business. I couldn’t have done it without doing the course, and without Rhiannon's support throughout, not just during the course, but after too.
Ready to take the next step?
Why choose to study with North Wales Nail & Beauty?
- Highly skilled experienced tutor
- Rhiannon is an industry present award winning Makeup Artist with over 20 years experience in the industry, and a fully qualified lecturer with over 10 years experience in teaching and assessing.
- Study at your own pace, from anywhere, anytime!
- Learning a new skill takes time and commitment, this can be pretty challenging as a busy adult already juggling work, care, and social commitments. Our blended learning approach offers flexible time frames, personalised to each student, allowing you to learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. Having completed the online study at home, this frees up time for the all-important practical skills training. You will have the option of various group practical training dates throughout the year or alternative dates by arrangement if opting for the 1:1 practical training.
- Small class sizes
- Our professional courses are capped at a maximum of 4 students per class to maximize learning and optimize individual attention.
- Unlimited Aftercare
- Ongoing 1:1 support and unlimited aftercare for graduates.
- Fully Accredited
- Receive a certificate accredited by ABT; the UK's largest Beauty Membership and Insurance provider. This will allow you to gain essential insurance cover required to provide services to the public.
- Professional makeup training studio
- Learn in our cutting edge professional studio located in the centre of Llandudno.
- A variety of training options available to suit your needs
- Choose practical training over 2 days if in a group 1 day if undertaken as a 1:1.
Our Professional Courses
Beginners - Introduction to Makeup Artistry
Fully accredited - Beginner level - Start your journey
Our beginners course offers the perfect introduction for those just starting out or considering a career in the makeup industry. This blended learning programme combines fundamental underpinning theory with high quality practical based training to develop the core skills, knowledge, and confidence required to to start developing a career in the makeup industry. Open to complete beginners or previously trained MUA's wishing to refresh their knowledge & skills. No previous experience required.
Bridal Makeup Course
Fully accredited - Intermediate level - Bridal makeup specialist
Our Bridal makeup course offers progression for those looking to develop their skills and knowledge in the world of wedding makeup. Learn a range of wedding makeup styles for brides and bridal parties, and gain valuable business advice related to this specialist field. This course is designed to elevate your skills to the next level to ensure success in your business as a wedding makeup artist.
Beginner level training with us, equivalent level from another training provider, or proven experience as a working makeup artist is a pre requisite for this course - please contact to check whether your qualifications/experience meet the entry requirements.
Bespoke training for existing makeup artists, beauty therapists, and beauty consultants, looking to update and improve their skills and/or add to their list of services
Are you a Makeup Artist looking to update your skills? Maybe you're a salon owner or beauty therapist looking to add to your list of services? Do you sell cosmetics but lack confidence in demonstrating makeup application? A bespoke training session is tailored to your needs and specific to the techniques that you wish to learn.
Passing this course has opened up a whole load of work possibilities for me.